Crackle CookiesMay 6, 2022
This dessert never fails with guests its great with a dollop of whipped cream and mint & a shot of Limoncello Salute!
- Pre heat oven to 350-degree F Generously coat a medium size Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Place 3 cups all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 ½ teaspoons ground fennel seed & ½ teaspoon kosher salt in a large bowl and combine.
- Finley grate zest of 2 small lemons in a medium bowl, add 1 cup olive oil or vegetable oil 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of whole milk or yogurt, 3 lg eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk until blended.
- Pour mixture into the flour mixture and stir scraping the bottom of the bowl, until just combined and no dry spots remain. Its ok if the batter still looks lumpy. Transfer the batter to the Bundt Pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 min you will see the edges turn a golden brown, stick a took pick in the middle if it comes out clean its baked. Let cake cool in the pan for 15 min. Flip the cake out on a wire rack and let cool to room temp. Dust with powdered sugar.
3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground fennel
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 small lemons
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk or yogurt
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powder Sugar for dusting