Crackle CookiesMay 6, 2022
Tuscan Grapes & SausagesMay 6, 2022
Stuffed Peppers are an amazing dish to prepare, Healthy & Flavorful. I love the vibrate colors of peppers getting creative with the filling. Intrigue Your Tastebuds. Brava! Good in Italian
- Cut tops of peppers off, scoop out the inside put in a shallow baking dish.
- Boil rice, drain and rinse in cold water for 3 minutes
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and sauté the onion until soft and browned, stir in anchovy pieces and the garlic and mash them. Add tomatoes and the wine and cook for 5 to 6 min.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees remove the tomato mixture from the heat. Stir in rice, parsley, mozzarella and 4 tbsp of parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the peppers, sprinkle the tops with the renaming Parmesan and drizzle with a little oil.
- Pour water in your baking dish (or tomatoes sauce) this will prevent your peppers from burning the bottom while cooking. Bake for 25 to 30 min. Serve with extra tomato sauce & Fresh Parsley
These delectable Pepper Pockets can be made with ground beef or sausage as well.
- 6 medium to large peppers, any color
- 1 cup of rice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lg onion, finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into small dice squares
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, cut into small dice squares
- 6 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese salt and fresh ground black pepper