Stuffed Pork ChopsJanuary 7, 2023
Gin RefresherJanuary 7, 2023
Alright yes, I am Italian and LOVE Cannoli’s but making the shells is an art. So here is the recipe. Enjoy they are my favorite.
- In a food processor add flour, sugar, salt, and Pulse in and out about 10 times. Add butter and pulse again 8 times make sure the butter is not in clumps.
- Add in Marsala wine and whole egg. Pulse until mixed well, while adding wine to bring the dough together in a soft mass. (You should not need more than a few tbsp of extra wine).
- Shape into a round shape, transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover and let rest at room temp for about 30min and up to 2 hours.
- In a large pot with 1 ½ inches vegetable oil to 345-355 degrees. Working with half the dough at a time (and keeping the other half covered in a bowl. Roll dough out very thinly onto a well-floured surface 1/16 inch.
- Using a 3 ½ to 4-inch cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds. Spray cannoli forms with cookie spray and wrap individual dough circles around each cannoli form., while brushing about ¾- inch of one lightly with egg white (use a pastry brush or your finger tip). Press edge to opposite side.
- Using metal tongs, carefully immerse each shell in preheated oil and fry, until golden brown and crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes. Be sure to watch oil temp make sure it does not get to hot; your shells will burn.
- Remove shell from oil using metal tongs to grasp. Transfer onto paper towels to drain. Use metal tongs to hold mold and wrap a paper towel around the shell to carefully slide off form.
- Let forms cool and repeat process with remaining dough circles. You can shake the excess flour from scraps, press back together cover in bowl and let relax at least 10 minutes then reuse.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack then fill with cannoli filling and decorate.
Or head to your Baker or grocery store and purchase Cannoli Shells (Yes, I have done it to!)
- In a mixer with your whisk attachment, whip the cream, ricotta, mascarpone, and powdered sugar together on a medium speed until everything comes together and looks like a light pillow.
- Chill the cream for at least 2 hours before filling the cannoli shells.
- You can use Chocolate Chips, Candied Fruit, Cookies, Flavoured Cereal what ever your Italian Heart desires folded into the cream.
Serve with Coffee, Liqueur, or just on it own.
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ salt
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 1/3 cup marsala wine, then add more as needed
- 1 Lg egg
- 1 egg white
- Vegetable oil for frying (8 cups)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 15-ounce container smooth traditional ricotta cheese, strained
- 1 15- ounce mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla