Charcuterie BoardJanuary 7, 2023
Italian LasagnaJanuary 7, 2023
Everyone loves a flaky, but an Italian flaky Bellissima!
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees F
- Let your pastry come to a defrost temperature but soft to touch so it is workable (you never want the pastry to come to a full room temp, as it will stick and be very difficult to work with) and cut into large squares (six to a sheet) place beside each other leave enough room for pastry to expand and grow.
- Put in oven for 20 to 30 min as the pastry puffs you want a nice brown glow and crispy pastry.
- In a mixer on medium speed, empty container of whip cream in your mixer and turn on. Add sugar coffee grounds and amaretto. Mix until stiff peaks appear set aside in the fridge.
- Once pastry is cool to touch start to separate, so you have two halves. Let cool completely
- Once pastry has cooled, place a large generous dollop of prepared whipped cream in the middle, and place the other halve on top.
- Add another dollop of whip cream on top and garnish with lemon zest or anything you want. (Chocolates, Sugar tUILE, Cookies add fresh mint and dust with icing sugar.)
- Add berries for color alongside the dish.
Tip: Feel free to add anything else inside your Italian flaky like caramel sauce, your favorite jam or jelly, or crushed cookies you make it your own have fun
Serve with Espresso or Coffee
1 package of Puff pastry or Phyllo pastry (it is sold in your local grocery store)
1 carton of whipping cream
4 tablespoons of Altitude Coffee Grounds
4 tablespoons of amaretto liquor
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1 small quart of berries – blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
2 leaves of fresh mint