Christine’s Long Island Iced TeaJanuary 8, 2023
BrascioleJanuary 8, 2023
If you have plenty of leftover tomatoes lying around make this quick and easy sauce, it's packed with Italian flavor.
- In your large pan cut your tomatoes into quarters and place them in the pot (cut off the middle part of the tomato where the vine was hanging)
- Add olive oil to your pot with salt and pepper to taste
- Chop your garlic cloves into almost minced pieces
- Add basil
- Put on low heat and stir every 30 to 40 min
- Let simmer for two to 6 hours
Some Italians add a teaspoon of sugar to offset the acid taste, and others add a dash of their favorite hot sauce. Some Italians have even been known to add a dash of espresso. Make this recipe your own by adding a secret ingredient.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 30 to 40 Tomatoes quarter them and place in a large pot yes leave the skins on (you can also use canned tomatoes 28oz can of pureed with no flavourings or salt added)
- 4 to 8 cloves of garlic
- red pepper flakes if you desire a teaspoon
- 20 to 30 fresh leaves of basil - you can use dried basil as well