Basil & Sage Tomato/Pasta SauceJanuary 8, 2023
Powerful PizzelleJanuary 8, 2023
"The ultimate Italian Test"
Every Italian has made this and rave that theirs is the best!
- In the centre of each slice of meat, add a few slices of onion, slices of garlic, a few leaves of parsley and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Fill enough for you to be able to keep your ingredients in while rolling your braciole.
- Wrap the bottom half of the meat over the filling, tucking it under and continuing to roll until you have formed.
- Secure with toothpicks. Do the same with remaining meat and set aside.
- Add braciole to sauce, gently spooning the sauce over the meat to cover it. Cover the sauce, reduce the heat to low, and allow the sauce to simmer for about 3 hours.
The meat will cook through quickly and become very tender- the more you simmer the sauce the more tender your brasciole will become. Remove braciole from the pot and cover in sauce from the pot. Serve alongside with pasta and remaining sauce.
Tip- You can also serve this dish with polenta. It's delicious.
- 2 lbs ( 8 to 10 pieces) of Braciole meat- you can use top round, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of parsley roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- any other seasoning you like
- Tomato Sauce - See tomato sauce recipe