BrascioleJanuary 8, 2023
Stuffed Spirited Cream Cheese PeppersJanuary 8, 2023
These light and flavorful Italian wafers were a staple growing up in my home.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until thick.
- Stir in melted butter and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, and blend into the batter until smooth. Your batter will look thick, do not worry it is supposed to look like this.
- Heat the pizzelle iron, and brush with oil or spray with cooking oil.
- Gather a tablespoon of pizzelle batter onto each circle on the iron. You may need to do a few first to get the hang of it (it's like pancakes, the first few are testers).
- Bake for 20 to 45 seconds or until steam is no longer coming out of the iron.
- Carefully remove pizzelle from the iron and repeat.
Tip - you can use any flavor you would like in the batter lemon zest, chocolate cocoa powder, anise. Add Sprinkles like we did to make a Firecracker effect. Have Fun in your kitchen.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter,melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil or Cooking spray